Total Dust Control System
Sierra Dust Control, LLC provides total frac sand dust control services using its proprietary technology covered by the following U.S. Patents: No. 8,881,749, No. 9,168,482 B1 & No 9,162, 261 B1 (other patents pending).
The benefits of eliminating silica dust at the well site include:
- Employee health and safety
- More enjoyable work environment
- More productive employees
- Reduction in maintenance cost
- Improvement in the life of equipment
- Compliance with NIOSH and industry standards
- Improved public relations
- Positive industry image
- Reduction of liability risk
- Dry sand during inclement weather
Focus of work will be aimed at areas identified by NIOSH as a potential source(s) of silica exposure:
- Dust escaping from inspection hatches on top of the bulk storage movers as sand is being transferred pneumatically into bulk storage units on site.
- Dust released from the transfer belt beneath the sand mover(s).
- Dust released from the transfer belt(s) coming from the sand mover(s) to the “T” belt or “V” belt.
- Dust released from the “T” belt or “V” belt transferring sand into the blender hopper
- Dust released at or in the vicinity of all drop points throughout the activities of unloading, storing, transfer or conveying of sand used in hydraulic fracturing operations.
Equipment and Services Provided
Sierra Frac Sand will provide all necessary equipment and personnel to perform services to control the silica dust produced during completion operations. None of the installation procedures require welding, cutting or altering of any equipment for attaching any part of the dust collection system. Charges will include mileage, rig up/down, working day rate, standby day rate, and reserved day rate. Additional charges may apply if overnight stay is required for hotel accommodations, meals and other expenses.